The Most Frustrating thing in the world, here you’ve got this awesome Ford Vehicle with one of the most up to date technology systems available, the Ford SYNC system and the actual touch function just stopped working on you! WHAT A PAIN IN THE ARS! Now Ford wants upwards of $1,800+HST just in parts alone + labour! OUCH! Be forewarned there is a recall on the APIM however this will not solve your problem! And the chances of them going the extra mile are slim to none!
Fear not! This exact problem happened on our 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor w/Ford Sync 2 and our team dove straight into the problem to figure it out!
So here’s what we found out! THE PROBLEM IS COMMON! Of course! If your touch screen has stopped functioning however the unit itself works, for example you can see the backup camera engage, all the features are working like the navigation, the radio function etc, just simply when you touch the screen it does not work, this boils down to 1 of 3 possible failures we found.
- (Most Common) First, when you take apart the Ford Sync Module there’s actually a thin screen called a “Digitizer” which comes just before the LCD Screen itself. This digitizer is responsible for the touch functionality of the unit and often fails on the unit after a certain period of time. This is repairable! And fairly reasonable!
- Parts: $250+HST | Labour 2 Hrs
- (Happens Often) Your first best bet is to always replace the digitizer, it’s the most inexpensive repair on the hit-list and usually will lead to success plus if your vehicle is around 150,000kms you’ll eventually need to replace it anyway. If that still fails the second most common problem is a failure on one of the internal circuit boards or module’s. A bit more tricky! What happens here is you’ll have to plug directly into the CAMBUS of your vehicle and get a reading or run-log. With this run-log you can ship out your unit to an engineering facility or us that can test the Ford SYNC Module itself and find the problematic circuit board. Cross your fingers though, cause if it’s a permanent failure in the board your out of luck but often failures can be solved as during the manufacturing phase of Ford SYNC modules, it’s very often we find mistakes that turn up disastrously later down the road.
- Parts: $200 – $500 | Labour 2 – 5 Hrs
- (Total System Failure) It’s not often this happens but after you’ve exhausted the first two options and can’t bring your screen back to life, this means it’s a permanent failure in the module. At this point your best bet is to replace the entire module itself. SORRY! Good news, you don’t have to go straight to Ford and we can still be cheaper! Now be forewarned as there are many iterations to each SYNC screen even though they all look very familiar. You’ll have to get your vehicle’s specific SYNC model code, next up you’ll also have to have it programmed to your specific vehicle as each vehicle is unique. We can help with all of this as long as you know your VIN!
- Parts: $900 – $1800 | Labour 2 – 4 Hrs
All-In-All it’s a tricky bugger of a problem when it comes to technology related issues however there’s a good chance the problem can be rectified! Here at TVG International our tech’s are specialists in electrical issues and complex dilemmas! Our tech’s have over 15 years industry experience and we’ve partnered with one of the leading Canadian Engineering companies to be able to rectify these issues efficiently and pain-free! Now we’re located in Niagara Falls, Ontario however if you’re in need of a fix and are not local to us, often these issues can be rectified via shipping module’s to us through UPS.
Finally, if your ready to chat a bit more about your specific problem, I encourage you to give us a call! We’re just a toll-free phone call away! 1(844)388-2886. And always remember we love new visitors! Drop by we’re located at TVG International, 4562 Drummond Road, Niagara Falls, ON, L2E 6C7!
Happy Problem Solving!
Live Long & Prosper
Your Author For The Day
Founder of TVG International